Pages

Technical statement

As mentioned, my installation is about audio and visual, therefore my main contents are sound and video footages. i used a portable surround sound recorder to record sound and a digital camera to record HD videos. In addition, I also used the piezo sound vibration sensor which I found to be really useful recording sound without noise.


For the interactivity part of my project, I used the Arduino microcontroller board and the PIR motion sensors and played with wiring. With the open-source platform of Arduino, I connect the sensors to Arduino using Arduino Programming language and communicate it with another software - MaxMSP. I control them on my laptop and the speakers for sound output. The videos of different footages are played with a projector from the top. I mapped the videos into the buckets with a very flexible projection mapping application- VideoProjectionTools (VPT).


The installation is simple. Each sensor is programmed with different sound. When motion detected it plays the sound of which the sensor is triggered. Users are encouraged to experiment with the sound.


btemplates

0 comments:

Post a Comment